- January 10 — Employees who work for tips. Previous Months Tips Due to Employer if more than $20.
- January 15 — Individual estimated tax payments due using 1040-ES. Indiana estimated tax due also. Individuals may file return by January 31 in lieu of this 4th quarter estimated payment. Farmers and Fisherman must pay estimated tax or file return by March 3, 2008 in order to avoid estimated tax penalty. .
- January 31
- All Businesses – Give annual information statements to recipients of certain payments you made during 2007. See my notes in “1099, 1098..Blast off into 2008!” for informational return details.
- File Form 941 for 4th quarter 2007 or Form 944 (Annual employer taxes) if applicable.
- Farm Employers – File Form 943 – Employers Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees.
- File Form 940 to report Federal Unemployment Taxes. If amount due is less than $500 and deposit is made on time, you have until February 11 to file the return.
Posts Tagged ‘tax due dates’
Posted by Rhonda Spaulding on January 7, 2008
Posted by Rhonda Spaulding on November 1, 2007
Employers Income Tax Withholding. Ask employees whose withholding allowances will be different in 2008 to fill out a new Form W-4.
Employers Earned Income Credit. Ask each eligible employee who wants to receive advance payments of earned income credit during the year 2008 to fill out a Form W-5. A new Form W-5 must be filled out each year before payments are made.
Employees who work for tips. If you received $20 or more in tips during October, report them to your employer. You can use Form 4070.
Social security, Medicare, and withheld income tax. If the monthly deposit rule applies, deposit the tax for withholdings for October.Nonpayroll withholding. If the monthly deposit rule applies, deposit the tax for payments in October.
Employers Social Security, Medicare, and withheld income tax. File form 941 for the third quarter of 2007. This due date applies only if you deposited the tax for the quarter in full and on time.
Employers Indiana Withholding Tax – Pay any tax collected in October.